Author Topic: Well .... I'm off to Taiwan  (Read 7314 times)

Lon

• View Profile
Well .... I'm off to Taiwan
« on: July 15, 2015, 08:09:37 AM »
Well .... I'm off to the airport in a couple hours. This time tomorrow I should be in Taipei trying to get over jet-lag and pull myself together for two days of Tarot/Magick workshops and maybe a song or two. Will give a full report when I return.

jim

Re: Well .... I'm off to Taiwan
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 01:45:55 PM »
Best wishes for a safe and wonderful trip!

Lon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 11:35:34 AM »
I'm back from my trip to Taiwan and am reporting in!
I first have to thank hosts Stephen Tarot and Carol Lee (and Oscar Tam who got the ball rolling) and my interpreter Xu Zhao Zhang (who I met in Shanghai last year)
I had a non-stop pleasurable visit.  That's not to say I didn't work.
One of my books (Understanding Aleister Crowley's Thoth Tarot) has recently been translated and published in Chinese. I'm thrilled to say it is selling well in China too!  :-)  I presented 4 half-day workshops on Saturday and Sunday and did private Tarot readings and magick consultations. I also gave a mini Goetic workshop on Sunday evening.
I arrived in Taipei  Thursday night (after a 13 hour plane ride) and was picked up at the airport by Stephen and Carol and taken to my hotel.
Friday was a full day of seeing the sights of Taipei. First at the The National Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall, and then off to the breathtaking National Palace Museum with it's 12,000 years of Chinese treasures.
At night we walked over to the Night Market (just blocks from my hotel) for a taste of .... damned near EVERYTHING!
All day Saturday I spent at the serene and charming yoga center (forgive me for forgetting the exact name) presenting my workshops on:
The Qabalistic Roots of Tarot in the morning, and Introduction to Enochian Magick in the afternoon.
All Day Sunday I presented: Introduction to Goetia and Homemade Magick.
Sunday night I experienced some marvelous Chinese medical treatments for my ageing shoulder stiffness .... I can now move my left arm over my head again! :-)

Monday, before being driving to the airport for my flight home I gave a private Tarot reading and a past life magical operation.  Then off to the top of one of the tallest buildings in the world, Taipei's 101. Then to the National Dr.Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall
Then out to dinner an off to the airport. Far too short a visit to one of the most interesting and beautiful cities in the world.

jim

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 09:58:08 AM »
i'm glad to hear you had such an enjoyable trip :). where to next?