Author Topic: July is International Lon Milo DuQuette Month!  (Read 20903 times)

Alan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
July is International Lon Milo DuQuette Month!
« on: June 07, 2015, 02:39:11 AM »
Lon's turning 67 on July 11th.  He'll be in Taiwan for his birthday, but there's a Stage-IT show, Sirius Rising, scheduled for July 23rd.  Ninety Three Records will be featuring some promotions of his recordings during the month as well.
Happy Birthday Lon!

jbthehp

• View Profile
Re: July is International Lon Milo DuQuette Month!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 10:10:41 PM »
Why just July?? I think he should have a season :-)... like Xmas! :-)

Alan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 10:48:11 PM »
This is a good point.  I'll have to take this up with the Season people.  :)

Lon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 08:26:10 AM »
Okay. It's probably clear that I love July. The fact that my birthday is July 11th and I love getting all the birthday attention probably has something to do with it. For years I've irritated everyone around me by demanding the entire month of July be recognized (at least in my presence) my birthday holiday. This year, because of my travel schedule, the release of "Sweet Baba Lon" , and some very exciting bookings (House of Blues and The Viper Room) the folks at Ninety-Three Records have declared it International Lon Milo DuQuette Month. A week after my birthday (did I mention my birthday is July 11?) I'm hopping on a plane to Taiwan to do two days of lectures about Tarot and Magick. Later this year, in October, I'll be traveling back to Shanghai (I went there for the first time last year) to do a similar series of lectures. As far as I know they have not scheduled a music event (club date, concert, set) but if there is a guitar within reach they will not escape a Lon-song or two .... especially if I remind them it is International Lon Milo DuQuette month and my birthday. (Did I mention my birthday is July 11th) ... I'll be 67. Love you. Lon  ;D

jim

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 04:58:27 PM »
geez, i missed it by a day :( i wish the universe operated on the same time schedule as i do, or something to that nature. anyway...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR BAAAAABA LONNNNN...
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

Best Wishes for many more, and everything you wish for!